2 June 2010
New Information from the Attorney General's Office on the Detainees and Wounded from the Gaza Freedom Flotilla but Many Questions Still Unanswered
Tonight, 2 June, at close to 17:00, Adalah received a supplemental response from the Attorney General's office to the petition for habeas corpus and demand for information concerning the passengers on the intercepted Gaza Freedom Flotilla. This response was received in Adalah's offices, while the Supreme Court hearing was underway on the case. The petition filed by human rights organizations Adalah, The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel (PCATI) and Physicians for Human Rights – Israel (PHR-I).
• 125 people have left Israel via the Allenby Bridge to Jordan
• 45 people have left Israel via Ben Gurion Airport on their own accord
• 2 people have left via Rosh Hanikora Crossing (border with Lebanon)
• 2 people have left to Bulgaria, and 2 others will be leaving to Azerbijan
• The Israel Prison Service has informed us that the rest of the detainees are on buses and are on the way to leave the country
• Prior to deportation, each of the participants who so wishes was permitted to meet with an attorney
• The IPS has notified us that 17 people are at an IPS medical facility. The Health Ministry informed us that the rest of the injured, numbering, 24 are in various hospitals across the country. The medical condition of 23 of the injured permits them to leave the country.